Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Health Care Summit

So, I skipped Pilates today (SHOCK! I love Pilates) to stick around at home and watch the health care summit (and recover from an evening of revelry at 5801). In my effort to sober up this morning, and after turning on my computer to see what was going on with the outside world, I realized that the summit had already started - which bothered me because I really wanted to watch it today.

Tuning in a little late, I see that we're in the middle of the meat of the debate. I watched for awhile as the politico's took time talking about state's rights/federal power.

It's not supposed to be about scoring political points, but everything is really about that in life. I watched John McCain attempt to scorn the president (like some kind of granddad yelling at a neighborkid for peeing on his lawn) over bipartisanship and a lack of televised coverage on C-Span sooner. While the coverage cameras are on him. Doofus. So the president was almost forced to take his score on McCain saying "I won the election, if you want to fight that battle again, you're allowed, but exactly HOW do you want to work this bill out is what we're talking about right now." McCain says "Mr. President, I'm reminded I lost that election everyday."

Wow, McCain, really? You mean you think about the fact that you sucked as a candidate and now all you and your party do is play spoiler because you're envious and pissed off? No. You don't say.

You know, sometimes, I think John McCain really wasn't anything but a career politician who made NOT being a career politician and a "straight-talker" his mantra. The problem? Instead of throwing partisan bombs, he throws "bi-partisan" bombs that are used in a partisan Republican cause. Yeah, that's straight-talk.

And now Eric Cantor is on, from Ohio. There is something about this guy that is just weasily. I'm not sure what. Maybe it's the fact that he has gay hair. It's got a really high ridge on the front, and you could always surf on it. Definitely gay hair. Yeah.

That and the gay purple tie, and his little "political aide" (i.e., bottom slave) who has a matching tie, the same hair, and the same glasses, right behind him. Uber gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment