Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Heat" and "Blowpop:" No Review...Yet.

I know I promised a review about "Heat" and "Blowpop." I had one all written just on "Heat," but I felt like I should wait until I attended a "Blowpop" party hosted at the club. It seemed as if a lot of the buzz around "Heat" was intertwined with the Ry N Sky "Blowpop" promotion, almost like one big package, so I thought that would be appropriate. I can report that I went to the soft-opening on New Years Eve. I also went to the packed grand opening on Friday. And I did go to the "Blowpop" party on Saturday. But...

I'm still going to hold off on a review for a little while longer. Not that anyone cares what I think in the first place, of course - or reads this blog. :) But the club and party seem like they might need more time to develop and promote to reach their full potential. Totally understandable, right? And I really hope they do reach that point - because gay Pittsburgh really does seem like it wants and needs a fun, lively, upscale place to dance.

So, until then, I offer this:



I like to think of myself as the kid hamming it up next to Sinatra, and that's the rest of us 'Burgh homos just a singin'! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment