Thursday, December 24, 2009

Welcome to the Indiana Toll Road!

Now this is a treat! To avoid freezing rain to the north, I have opted to remain on I-80/90 and then go north on US-31. I have not been on the Indiana Toll Road in years.

This is the first travel center I encountered. And yes, not only are we in "down home" territory, but were also in '70's flashback territory. First, the music entering was no less than the BeeGee's, and then John Denver. "Rock and roll fantasy." Hilarious.

McDonald's and a small chocolate shop dominate the scene here. So we've given up completely on healthy eating and are just moving into grease-and-sugar territory.

Also, the bathrooms - not so good. Lots of reading material on the wall - if I'd wasn't afraid of cholera and I'd had a pen, there would have been plenty of grammar to correct. And I was using the facilities and, for some reason, the toilets just flush on their own. I was at the sink washing my hands and kept thinking people were in the bathroom with me, and no one would come out. I got out of there quickly and got some McNuggets.

Clearly, either the toilets are broken or the travel centers in Indiana have phantoms in the bathrooms. And based on how many times those suckers flushed, those phantoms must have a serious case of the trots. Spooky.

Welcome to Indiana.


Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment