Thursday, December 24, 2009

The travel centers are getting...rough.

Just to be clear, I'm not a lurker of rest areas and travel centers. I drank a Mountain Dew, and it ran right through me. Maybe I should see a urologist? Lol.

So this travel center was pretty simple. It had a Hardee's, which if you've never had - don't. Hardee's, I'm convinced, is slang for Hardening...of the arteries. The Frisco burger is enough to clog a valve.

This travel center also had showers and a traveler's mart - which was full of schlock like small die-cast semi trucks and kitschy little figurines. There were also personalized license plates and trucker hats. I saw this through the window because the store was closed, but believe me...it would have been just the kind of store worth wandering through.

I'm feeling as if the kitsch/schlock factor in the travel centers is a sign we are entering "down home" territory. Stay tuned.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment