Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Middle Ridge Travel Center

Okay, so I could only go about an hour and a half before my back hurt. My old P.O.S is crowded for a tall gent such as myself, so I end up doing a lot of crouching in the drivers seat. This, along with seats made of cardboard, plastic, and felt, contribute to a searing lower back pain. Plus, I had to use the facilities. I downed that Starbucks to stay alert on the fast and furious Ohio Turnpike - and just as fast and furious was my sudden need to wiz. So, here I am at another travel center.

Each travel center is a little different. The last one had a big Starbucks, and this one has more of a coffee stand type. The last had McDonald's; this one has Burger King (cardiologists clearly did not have much say in the tenants of these centers). The last had an Au Bon Pain (a little French bakery chain for those of you not familiar); this has a Panera )and American bakery chain). No real difference there, though - both rape you for a half-sandwich and soup at 8.00$, with no drink. The only difference is that Au Bon has a French name, so it sounds classy to drop excessive dough there. I'm not sure what language Panera is from. Esperanto, perhaps?

I can say this about the Middle Ridge travel center. It is more international than the Portage center. They also have a Manchu Wok. So after a quick Seattle latte or American burger, you could get some General Tso's and a fortune cookie. The fortune inside?:

"Chinese food may not fill you up, but french bakery will cause empty wallet and sore bum. Your lucky number is 13."
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment