Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Ohio Turnpike Travel Center Workers

I love these little centers. I stop at them a lot on the way home; I even slept at a few during a driving tour of the northeast and Canada. Lots of stuff to do. I played Monopoly pinball for 10 minutes while I stretched. Plus I got a peppermint mocha from the 'Buck. Awesome.

I wonder what it's like to work at them though. It's like its own little world. For the people who work here, they must seem thousands of people each shift. How do they keep from going crazy?

The lady at the Starbucks gave me a white chocolate mocha instead of a regular one. I had to give it back (white chocolate is effin gross), and she made me a new one - no fuss involved. On Christmas Eve. With a line of weary travelers waiting. And only two of them working. Wow.

I can only assume that they must really enjoy their breaks to keep up such good spirits. Or they are drunk or high - which are both fine by me. My corrected 6.00$ mocha is delicious, delivered with a smile, and my back is stretched and ready for another two hours.

Thanks eerily happy travel center people. :) Merry Christmas to you.

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment