Friday, March 5, 2010

SUGAR: Another Review Withheld

Okay, so I can't review SUGAR now either. I honestly went to the party with a very open mind, hoping for the best. You see, it's Spring Break weekend for me - and I made the SUGAR opening the "opening salvo" of what is sure to be a messy and fun week and a half. And, because so many people who I like and care for are involved in it (like HEAT), I'm forced to reserve judgment. I think it's going to take a little more time to get things going at SUGAR.

So, without going into details, let's say that - for now - I'm still searching for that place where all us homo's can go to play and have a good time. As of right now, it is most definitely a competition, and there is room for just about any of these dance nights and venues to sweep in and pick up an entire demographic of gay clubgoer's. It's also possible for a new venue/night to swoop in and knock all of them out, and pick up the crowds. Summer is coming folks. Things are going to warm up, and if some of these clubs don't get their act together, they are going to be missing out on huge gay dollars. I mean, we drink, we don't have kids to pay for daycare for, and we love spending money. HELLO! KNOCK KNOCK!? That's OPPORTUNITY you're hearing - would you PLEASE ANSWER ALREADY!? We have a bag of money we'd like to give you, and we just want to dance and make out with your pool boy!!

Okay, so I'm going to peace out and leave the state of Pennsylvania. The next time you hear from this blog, it may be my travelogue of Ohio Turnpike Rest Area's again, or possibly some of the clubs up in Detroit (home of house music!). I might actually venture out to the Nectarine, and relive a few of my glory days.

To those involved in SUGAR tonight - I want to leave you with this: I loved the music, and I mean - I absolutely loved it. I also loved the WHIM space. So those are some positives. Next week, after I get back from Michigan, and it's time to bring the party back to Pittsburgh, I'll visit both of the new clubs and see if things improve. :) I'll report back then.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment